GoPro Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to my flickr set that shows a DIY dome mount I am playing with at present. I enjoy using my GoPro outside the clear plastic housing case, but the wind noise sound can be an issue with that. I found these dummy dome camera mounts at Harbor Freight and decided I could remove the guts of one and adapt it to house a GoPro pretty easily. I'll add a magnet to hole the dome baseplate securely in place. Lots of options for a mount like this, but I believe it will work nicely on my sidecar. I have a few more mods to do with it before I can call it complete, but all are easy to finish off. I accidentally stumbled into how to remove the baseplate from the plastic ring holding the clear dome in place, but it was a simple resolution. The ring is screwed on tightly, but once removed, it goes on and off much easier. If you can use this mod and adapt it to other uses, feel free to do so. The price of these domes is now under $8 bucks at Harbor Freight and a large 65 or 95 lb magnet sells for under $4 bucks there, presently. I'll keep adding pics as I finish this DIY project off and do some videos with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/sets/72157629910636582/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts