GoPro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an obviously defective battery that is bulging from all sides. GoPro says they won't replace it because it's over a year old.
A battery should never do this while just sitting in a camera bag.
I wasted a bunch of time chatting with someone named Carlo, uploading pictures, etc. before I was told that they won't replace the battery because it's over a year old.
I am very disappointed in GoPro's customer service. Just thought people should be aware.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,459 Posts
First Welcome aboard.

and rather deal with a gopro rep my suggestion is:

A.S.A.P. outside, in a metal can saltwater near.

Are those Hero 2 batteries?

·
Administrator
2,855 Posts
I'm afraid thats how profit driven GoPro have become. Gone are the days of great customer service. Gone are the days of those free monthly Giveaways. Now GoPro are completely 100% profit driven. Understandable considering they are on business to make money of course, but with the cost of their cameras and accessories, you would expect a little better customer support, after all keeping your customers loyal is also vitally important in business.

·
Administrator
9,459 Posts
@Rondo

You got a Hero 1 battery, Gopro will warranty only the camera. They do not warranty a battery, they will do a one time curtisy exchange. On the latest models, since you have a Hero 1 is it they run about $3.00 per battery. Also you said the camera is over 1 year, and @Ifti he gets a 2 year warranty overseas, you and I get only a 1 year warranty. One excellent reason why it was not covered. If you have the Plus program then they might look the other way, but agaiin only the camera is covered.

Spend the dough, get the battery.

Risk a fire by keeping that battery.

Gopro warranty is limited to 1 year , North America, 2 year over seas. Gopro only exchange out cameras within stock, and may decline by delaying the warranty , without answering their case numbers. I been there and done that to know how GoPro works.

FIsh

@Ifti good catch on the promotion and awards side.

I have an obviously defective battery that is bulging from all sides. GoPro says they won't replace it because it's over a year old.
A battery should never do this while just sitting in a camera bag.
I wasted a bunch of time chatting with someone named Carlo, uploading pictures, etc. before I was told that they won't replace the battery because it's over a year old.
I am very disappointed in GoPro's customer service. Just thought people should be aware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to get a new battery and have no intention on keeping the defective one. It's completely unusable anyway as it's too fat to fit in the battery compartment. In regards to GoPro, or any business for that matter, trying to make a profit--I'm all for it. That shouldn't preclude having good customer service though. The battery is obviously defective and should never swell up and become unusable like that no matter how old it is.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Some smart companies make their reputation and sales based on good customer service. It's not a binary choice. You can make profits and make happy customers, but you have to be committed to the latter. I've never had a customer situation with them, so I'm not dissing them specifically. But they clearly got slammed in the market a couple of years ago about profits, so went wholly in that direction, IMO. If you read the posts here you will see many that complain that they really aren't in touch with their customer base and they risk losing it to the competition. I'm one of those, though I've always like Gopro.

·
Administrator
9,459 Posts
GoPro Customer support is a joke and also pritty dam good. they will hear you but are they really listening? discontinued products are not going to get replacements. you may not even get a store credit, gopro works on a totally different level then any other company if asked.

North America is a 1 year warranty, plus program is a monthly service repair that may have copays and limitations. many want to get over on gopro with water damage as that the Customer/consumer may incorrectly close and use the camera in water. but some are ligit and defective, never know with a gopro.

A PET ROCK

·
Administrator
9,459 Posts
bats swell. All bats swell, reasons why they swell. Gopro decided what is to be warrantied, not the the Customers, how life is with a gopro in Their world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts