GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a motorcycle vlogger. I have my gopro mounted on the chin of my helmet and I use it with an external microphone in order to record my voice properly; since the integrated microphone records nothing but wind noise above 60km/h. The problem with the new GoPro Hero 9 is that there is only one door where all the inputs are located (battery, usb-c port, sd card). So, if I want to attach the microphone I have to remove or at least open the side door leaving everything uncovered.
The two big issues I had on my first time using it were:
1. It was raining, so, I detected some water on the battery socket. Luckily nothing was damaged, so far...
2. At some point, the battery moved from its port in the middle of my video, causing the video to be damaged. So it seems that only the side door keeps the battery in place.

Of course I would not use any other kind of camera on the rain or mounted on my motorcycle helmet, but c'mon, this is THE action camera and with its new way to locate its ports, the only solution I can think of to keep using it without the battery moving is by adding some tape. And I'm sure that if I use it again while raining, it might be damaged, so I will need to go back to my Hero 7 black on those cases. Such a shame.

1622676828092.png

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, sometimes is improvement a step backwards or not in the right direction, I am a GoPro lover and I let the 8 and 9 out to keep my solid 7, working for long time without any problems.

For your problem, well it might be a solution to buy, and if not then the good old DIY way - guess you are not the only one with this problem.
Keep on searching, hoping for some input here, good luck.

Ciao Rob

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Lets ask are you at all using the media Model for the External microphone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, sometimes is improvement a step backwards or not in the right direction, I am a GoPro lover and I let the 8 and 9 out to keep my solid 7, working for long time without any problems.

For your problem, well it might be a solution to buy, and if not then the good old DIY way - guess you are not the only one with this problem.
Keep on searching, hoping for some input here, good luck.

Ciao Rob
Thanks! I've just ordered a case that actually has a dedicated space for the microphone adapter. I'll post back when I get it.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
either one of these you are using.

but you should get a wireless go to solve your other issue

·
Administrator
2,801 Posts
Rather then the expense of the Media Mod, which also adds weight and bulk - why not a simple side door??
Still won't be completely water-proof so don't dunk it under water, but rain shouldn't be an issue, and it will keep the battery firmly in place no matter how extreme you get!.....

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Rather then the expense of the Media Mod, which also adds weight and bulk - why not a simple side door??
Still won't be completely water-proof so don't dunk it under water, but rain shouldn't be an issue, and it will keep the battery firmly in place no matter how extreme you get!.....

Ulanzi G8-7 or the plastic one been using it since came out but still have to be careful they do wear out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts