GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do the files on the SD look the same? Looks like a bad camera sensor. Is it a new camera?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
looking at the picture, i can see a pattern to where the image is distorted. My first thought it an error in how the GoPro is trying to straighten the image to remove the fisheye effect. Could be a glitch when it was doing the software update, i'd try updating the camera's firmware again, if that does no good return it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the files on the SD look the same? Looks like a bad camera sensor. Is it a new camera?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I cant remember if they did, but im pretty sure they did. Yes, its a new camera, and its only happened once, so it's not really a massive problem im just sort of curious

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
Have you tested again since??
Looks like a possible sensor issue to me. Either way, I'd return it now while its still new and get an exchange for another unit. These things are far too expensive to have imperfections - next time it could be some awesome once-in-a-lifetime footage destroyed due to the same happening again.....

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
Not sure if one of hte lenses layers is gone there are seven layers to these fisheyes I check with returning then to gopro phone not email, support is no longer till furtehr notice on email support

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

Hi! I've been having the same issue, before and after software update, on several occasions. I figure it can't be the sensor, because pictures and videos look flawless, it only happens with timelapses. It's really frustrating, because i can't be sure if the timelapse will turn out okay or useless... :(
I've found a temporary fix by formatting the SD card with in the go pro, but after a while the issue returns. So if anybody has any idea why this is happening i'd appreciate the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.