GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So frequently I am asked for the date and time when I turn on the camera. I of course skip it to get to the action by pressing the button on the side. I now see this causes issues with the how the files are stored and presented for edit. I do not think my battery has ever died. I have had to force it to shutdown by holding the button for maybe 7 seconds. Sounds like this is normal, the device does not have another power source to safe this information. What is everyone doing? I assume finding your device and syncing them? That isn't always an option, the alternative is entering manually which appears I will be doing more frequently. Am I missing something? R

·
Registered
392 Posts
this shouldnt be happening at all, even when you take battery out for longer periods, the clock should be actual. try contacting Gopro directly and maybe you have to send it in for replacement

·
Administrator
9,605 Posts
So frequently I am asked for the date and time when I turn on the camera. I of course skip it to get to the action by pressing the button on the side. I now see this causes issues with the how the files are stored and presented for edit. I do not think my battery has ever died. I have had to force it to shutdown by holding the button for maybe 7 seconds. Sounds like this is normal, the device does not have another power source to safe this information. What is everyone doing? I assume finding your device and syncing them? That isn't always an option, the alternative is entering manually which appears I will be doing more frequently. Am I missing something? R
Your GoPro is Unstable the firmware is unstable. you talk about Freezing and settings not saved. the gopro is still not a Year old on the Market and haas a warranty, Replac it at gopro.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts