GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a gopro helmet mounting kit that today top mounted on my old Smith Variant Brim ski helmet. The ski helmet curvature at top does not exactly match that of the curved 3M VHD adhesive pad. With a fabric ruler, I carefully measured and then with the pad as guide marked the pad location with an outline. Second used acetone and sandpaper to remove the white paint to make the gluing location smooth and clean to the base plastic. Then with some force for a couple minutes, pressed on the pad gluing it to the helmet that I will leave alone for the next couple days. Due to the curvature difference, about 2/3 of the pad mated with about 1/6 on each side slightly unmated.

I would expect due to the large variety of helmets the stock curved pads are meant for, that many others had the same situation. So my question herein that I could not find an answer for elsewhere on the web is "Will that be adequate?" I am considering syringe pushing some J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder glue in along the sides. In any case will have a safety lanyard on 20lb monofilament line to a helmet vent hole.

·
Administrator
9,458 Posts
think about double the 3M, or aquraium selicon?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts