Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have had my Hero 3+ for two months, and i was using it last week when to my horror i noticed the clasp had cracked. It was on my surfboard and could have easily ejected my camera to a watery grave.
Im now trying to get a warranty replacement, its proving difficult.
TWO MONTHS OLD!!!
Anyone else experienced this on the 3+??
I much preferred the clasp on the Hero3..
Cheers Brad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ifti,
I have contacted Gopro by email, I got the automated response email and case number but heard nothing since.
So now I have gone back to the eBay company I bought from. They said it may not be covered under warranty. Crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The hinge pin in all the GoPro cases seems to have been pressed in while the plastic was very soft. Either that or the case was formed around the pin.

Every one of my five GoPro cases appears to have cracking in the case around the hinge pin.

Haven't had one fail yet, but I think its part of the game. Thinking that perhaps how often you open the case may have something to do with how long they last.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gopro just sent me an new Clasp. Im happy.
They advised me to pinch housing together when closing to take the strain of the clasp.
Their engineers asked me some questions also as they may be improving it.

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
With all gopro's you must help it close it it relieves that stress, even the gph3 one seems to to be the best of them all, and yet they changed it again but not to its original design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.