GoPro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
You'll never avoid your windshield imperfections, your camera looks at it just like you do, the closer to the glass however, the better it will be.

Afaik, there's no way around the ~8 minute videos, which is actually a good thing. This way your entire shoot won't get corrupted (hopefully). It's easy enough to meld them together in editing software. If you don't think so, you're just not used to it yet🙂. Besides, you'll most likely only use segments of easy video as opposed to including all the boring stuff, such as what is in your example photo, I mean, who wants to watch a video of driving down a straight highway. Capiche'?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you! I never came across anything online that said the camera would do this every 8 mins and 54 secs, so I was second-guessing myself. I'm sure I wasn't looking hard enough.
I had read something eluding to it, but until I actually got the camera and recorded my ~1/2 hour ride to work and back, I didn't know what they were talking about. When I came to end of first video, my first thought was of all the overheating talk, but I didn't experience that. Then saw the next video picked up where first one left off. I'm pretty sure these things are a non stop learning curve.

What helps me is having the remote and glancing at it to see it's still recording. Cause I don't always have the camera in view. I too turn off most everything to help reduce heat. I have yet to experience heat issues. But I did notice the last ~1hour session, after turning off camera, the camera got hotter off than it was on, and it didn't cool until I removed the battery. Since then I've set up to use camera with no battery, power from charger adapter in accessory outlet that I installed ony bike(because the OEM harness wouldn't allow enough volts/amps to operate camera, unlike my vehicle 's accessory outlet).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts