GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sailing today and shot 60 fps 1080 P video but ran the battery into the dirt and Hero 5 went completely dead and did not finalize the files properly. There were 3 files created in one shoot session totaling about 39 mins. All 3 are corrupt and won't view as one in the Hero and wont import into Adobe Premier Pro CS6. There were some companion files which I probably shouldn't have deleted.

So I thought the Hero 5 black would sense imminent battery depletion and properly close the video files but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any way to un-corrupt the files? I'd like to keep the footage.

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
So what have you tried to fix your issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If can copy those files onto the laptop, most probably you'll be able to fix your files pretty easily with any of video recovering tools, like https://restore.media/ or recover_mp4 or any of the sort (grau, mp4repair etc). If they can't handle it, them create an image file of your SD card and send to any of the above services - if you haven't overwritten the SD, 99% your files are recoverable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts