GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a problem with some files and maybe you might know more than me.

I recorded some videos on my GoPro 9, but during the filming, it seems there was some type of SD malfunction.

When trying to take the files off the GoPro, it kept saying it couldn't read anything and the files were corrupt and that a format was needed.

I really wanted the files though so I downloaded a recovery program and was able to extract the mp4 files onto my computer.

But now, none of the files are able to be used.

When trying to play on Windows Media, premiere pro, and handbrake it keeps saying the file has an unsupported compression type.

Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend, you’re not the only one facing the issue as I have been on the same road earlier. I don’t know if it’s the SD card or my GoPro has the issue but at times I do fall into such a situation where I don’t have the access to my content/data or at times the data gets fetched but the files are not playable in my system.

One of my friends who is a professional videographer gave me the advice to use Recovery and Repair software which still saves a lot of content I make using my GoPro Hero 8. I have tried most of the freeware software but none of them were satisfactory but my data was precious to me and that made me look for some professional tools to get the most out of it. I have used EaseUs Video Repair and Stellar Repair for Video, both are good in their ways but Stellar has more file formats that can be used better. Now here, I advise you to do the same as once my friend asked me to do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This user, achin.eldit, has shared some good points about fixing the issue. You can leverage the recovery program of Stellar repair software to repair your GoPro files. You can also try their photo recovery premium edition to recover and fix all types of media problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts