GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem- Looking for some type of control (gimbal?) to put between the camera and the jeep hood so that the direction of the camera can be controlled, hopefully with an iPhone/iPad app. Any suggestions?

Any idea where I could look for something like this? Found many gimbals for use with drones, controlling it with the drone radio receiver. However, I would prefer to be able to use either iPhone/iPad to be able to control the camera direction since I am already controlling the camera with the phone.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think you would be better with a radio reveiver than your phone. Especially since you're already controlling the camera with it. Otherwise you would have to switch between each app everytime to control either the servos or the camera.

I'm sure you could find a radio receiver with a single stick (Like those electric powered mirror) and place it strategically.

Furthermore, if you intend mudding it would certainly expose the servos to damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We won't be mudding (rocks), and you may be right about having to switch apps. What I was trying to do was find an easy way to control it without having too many devices in addition to my digital camera. It was awkward bouncing, and holding on to the phone and camera last year.

My husband does RC and has receivers.... Any suggestions on the best gimbal to use for this? Really want my movies to have more than one view (and last year was straight down the road... not really many places to get out of the jeep and change the angle!)

Thanks for any suggestions and assistance!

Gerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts