GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my Hero 8 in a small plane, and I like to capture my landings. The problem is if I don't click the recording on when I am 10 miles away from the airport, I get busy with landing procedures and forget to turn it on. However, when I turn it on that far away, it reaches the 4K file limit (about 8 minutes) and I am lucky to even get a brief glimpse of the airport. I'd have to click on record again to get it started and at that point I am definitely too busy to think about doing that.

Is there a way for the camera to start a new file to keep recording until I stop it, or the battery runs out?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Im confused what 4k limit? Do you mean your camera overheats and shuts off?
Because there is no limit as far as i know, only limitation is battery and memory card size.

Have you tried lower resolutions ?

·
Administrator
9,513 Posts
You will need need to bench test your product, Make sure your Model is not on “Duration” in pro tunes,

Simply at say `5 minutes of your “End” flight Hit record, and let the camera do its work. When you have come to a stop all you need to do is hit Record to end.

If I want 1 second or 45 minutes that is exactly what we. All do.

We will then go to the editor and start editing our clip unless you want just One chapter and load that as your video, which I get.

Options are, visit gopro.com to goprolabs and load up, an find larger chapters the duration will extend longer then. Xamount of minutes that I think are 8 minutes 45 secs.

or

Use a remote control,

or

get an adapter to your headset and turn on voice command and trust the camera to record when saying the words gopro start/stop recording.

Simply hit record and go about yourbusiness

1 - 5 of 5 Posts