Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just want to share with you what I recently found on an eBay search. I've been trying to find more information about this color filters for GoPro but without success. I hope some of the memebers maybe can tell me more information about it.

The following information is extracted from the eBay ad:

Use Second Generation Color Correction Filters (SG-CCF) as excess of blue, green and intermediate light in subaquatic footage. Avoids color distortion on videos captured in blue, greenish and intermediate waters.

The main difference with classic filters is that (SG-CCF) are designed for fast snap-in and fast take-out. (Easy-Grip® technology)

The AQUA3 Second Generation Color Correction Filter Pack (SG-AQUA3) is the best solution for all kind of subaquatic situations. This 3x filter pack (red, magenta and orange) is perfect for correcting blue waters, for greenish waters and for mixed color situations.

I didn't know that there was a second generation of color correction filters. Does anybody use some of this color filters on their GoPro? It sounds really interesting the possibility to change the color filter. Any idea what's the filter's brand?

I hope someone can bring some light into this.

Color Correction filters for GoPro

Greetz,

Jaime

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just stumbled upon these

I just stumbled upon these filters on ebay:

GoPro Color Correction

They are only like $13 and the red filter has worked out well for me.
I dive Maui a lot and they really make the colors more vibrant at around 30 to 60 feet.

The red filter pulls the reds because red is the first wavelength to go under water.
Without it there is too much blue and green.

This can also be corrected by color correcting software but I found it difficult.
The filter will save you time editing and in my opinion is worth the measly $13.

Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.