GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using my Hero 2 on skiing holiday.
I noticed that when hitting bumps, of course you see the camera movement, but also sometimes you hear a clicking sound. It's difficult to explain, but it's a loud 'tack' sound. It's as if the casing is hit with a hard object. Could it be camera movement inside the casing, or one of the buttons?
Has anyone experienced this too, and found out where the noise came from?

I'll try to upload a scene to YouTube when I get home. That should make everything clear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know when I just handhold

I know when I just handhold the unit in my hand and walk around I get a creaking sound coming from the case. I don't hold it with a death grip but do have a firm grip on it. I'm guessing it's the case. Haven't taken it skiing yet, hope that helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you using the rubber plug

Are you using the rubber plug that goes where the case "snaps" into the mount? If not it could be a loose fit in the connection where the case snaps into the mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the rubber plug today,

I used the rubber plug today, and I think this helped. Didn't have any clicks, but it could be I didn't hit any hard bumps. I'll keep using the rubber plug in the future.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
It is the actual casing, and

It is the actual casing, and cam together.

The Camere is a 48K audio with Auto gain control. The Mic inside the cam is not against the case, it is embedded more in the cam where some foam can be pressed in to stop the clicking you hear?

the action cam is a video cam, audio as an option.. you may try using the skeliton case and I bet you will still hear it, but once you place the ext mic on it will be gone.

Possably try placing a peice of foam on top to sperate the case and cam. the auto gain is too powerful.

hope gopro one day willcorrect with a better mic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.