GoPro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
n view of the ineffective after-sales service, their reluctance to help customers, and the poor quality of their products, I have launched a signature-gathering initiative to file a class action lawsuit against GoPro. In this we will express the poor quality of their products being high priced, the lousy after-sales system and reticent to supplement a camera while they repair yours, thus leaving you without devices with the loss of income and thus having to supplement that time, well with another camera or stop producing. The number of failures that these cameras have is intolerable and what this means for the people who make a living with them, so I will soon leave you a link to start a smear campaign and to start a complaint. Only then will this company change its warranty policy and offer a camera to the customer, while they repair or exchange theirs. I encourage you to spread this text throughout all GoPro forums and the like. Start a battle against GoPro...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi. let me know how I can join. They completely screwed up my issue and their offshore customer service team has done nothing but waste my time shipping cameras back and forth for the last 2 months.

My story: Bought a brand new GoPro Hero9 back on Dec. 2021 (it's now June so still well within the 12 month manufacturer's warranty). Some time in March or April, they pushed the update 1.7 and caused that loss of pairing issue. I contacted GoPro about it. I told them I'm pretty sure it's a software issue since it was working fine before. They said it's defective, send us your GoPro and we'll replace it with a new one, keeping in mind I also have the GoPro premium membership.

I send them the gopro I purchased BRAND NEW and they send me back a refurbished unit from (reconext - or something like that). It's Clearly refurbished with scratches, dents, and an older camera name as well as serial number. I waste time contacting support again who basically said sorry we screwed up. I will make sure this doesn't happen again. I ask "how?" and they repeat "please do not worry, I have taken care of it" until I have nothing else to say. I have to waste time shipping back the refurbished unit, miss out on a bunch of opportunities with my kindergartener, and end up receiving an even worse camera.

Now I'm at my wits end dealing with GoPro's offshore (basically non-US) team. I ask them to have their US team contact me and they provide a mailing address that I can look up myself. To make matters worse, 15 days ago they finally updated the software that fixes the pairing loss so had that customer service agent not directed to ship my brand new purchased GoPro months ago, I could be with my own that had no issues. I can't get anybody to help. I'm all in for a class action lawsuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts