GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SNAFUBAR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been constantly having issues with GoPro Studio. Cineform crashes when trying to convert simple images, and often distorts the ones it does convert. Studio freezes up during editing the more I add text to the storyboard and has to be force stopped and reopened to continue work.
I understand that my computer does not meet 100% of the criteria that is recommended for flawless use but from what I have read it should still work without critical issues. This is extremely frustrating !!
I disconnect my WiFi and disable my virus protection during work to rule out conflict and to save background use of my processor but it doesn't seem to help. I have removed and reloaded Studio with no changes.

Perhaps there is a simpler editing software out there that would work for the 2 minute videos I make.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Roadrunner,

Welcome to the forum.

A few questions.

1. Did you format the SD card prior to use?

2. Did you import from the SD card or did you Place the video in a file onto a file on your computer and then import it? If not, this is the preferred method so you should try it.

3. Do you have the latest version of Gopro Studios installed (2.5)?

4. Make sure you open Gopro Studios as administrator (right click and open as administrator).

5. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Gopro Studios to insure your copy isn't corrupt in anyway?

Let us know if you have done any or all of these things.

·
SNAFUBAR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure I formatted the SD card when I initially installed it, has been 5-6 months ago.
I import manually, don't use the GoPro importer. Haven't had any download issues, videos are crisp.
GoPro version is 2.5.7 I believe, checked for updates and there on none as of yet.
And yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My advice would be to reformat the card using FAT32 and then try opening GPS using Administrator (let us know if that helps).

Incidently, I reformat my card every third or fourth use. I'm not sure it's necessary but it certainly hasn't hurt.

Since you state that your machine meets minimum requirements that shouldn't be an issue. Tha leave me asking what type of sd card are you using? Does it meet minimum gopro requirements for your camera?

·
Administrator
9,297 Posts
First before we jump lets take a step here no one knows your puter, is it a Win10? love guessing

·
SNAFUBAR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I attached 4 thumbnails in the first post of the thread.

I don't see why formatting my SD card is necessary, my issue is within the GoPro studio. My files are recording and transferring without issue.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Roadrunner,

I am asking for the original files, i.e. the JPEG that is distorting when converted to see if my GoPro Studio will convert it properly or not. If mine doesn't than the issue could be with the JPEG and not GoPro Studio.

Another thing to try is to close the project and start a new one and redo the importing and converting process to see if that yields better results. (That is if you have not done so already)

·
Administrator
9,297 Posts
win 10 gotcha hope its not a win 10 issue

·
SNAFUBAR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took file 1-10 and cut it. The result is file 2-10 which will not convert to AVI. Can't post avi file here but you can see in the Screenshot what 1-10 looked like after conversion. Although 1-10 did finally convert but 2-10 causes Cineform to crash.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts