GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the site and it seems that a wall charging unit such as one that is used to charge a cell phone is adequate between 5.0v and 1.0 and 2.0 amps. I have both. Even though I am sure they will work I thought I would ask anyways just to be safe. Sorry if it is redundant. So Those will do the job?

Another question, Once the battery is charged does the charge continue or does it stop and maintain a maximum charge? Meaning can I keep the camera plugged into the USB overnight or should it be removed? Do I need to worry about overcharge? Most devices and batteries don't really over charge the way they used too. They have a shut off once charged.

I thought I would ask before assuming anything.

Thank You

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have a USB on my motorcycle that rates 5.0v 2.1amp. That is the same as the 2.0amp or real close but I thought I would add that to the other specs if it is acceptable for a charging source.

Sorry for the newb questions

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
No Lipo or lithium battery stays unattended , or left charged while not in view. a gopro site we are .outside sources can be used with discretion.

Use an official gopro charger supply.

NOTICE: Using a wall charger other than a GoPro Wall Charger can

damage the GoPro battery. Only use chargers marked: output 5V

1A. If you do not know the voltage and current of your charger, use

the included USB cable to charge the camera from your computer

2 Am allows the unit to FRY if a short occurs it is best to use no less than 1000mh

Plug-n-play baby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts