GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks: here is my first shot at a GoPro video going through the canyons here in SoCal:

(I can't post links yet, so a search on youtube for "little t run 1" will give you the video.)

This was captured with a GPH4B (internal) and GPHD (external). I'd greatly appreciate any comments on how I can improve the quality of the video (avoid overexposure etc.).

I used FCP to synchronize the camera angles and put together the combined view.

This is my first time doing anything like this, so any thoughts appreciated!

Cheers, Dave.

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
@devlaps I had to take a look and man that is a nice deep sound, awesome. I only see you got a few clips, keep up a good story line and you do FINE

Fast 2 Furious 8 (lol)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
i did notice one of your videos with the combined views is slightly out of sync, the you start turning the wheel before the turn. I'd also look at moving the forward looking camera out of the car & lower down. I fit a towing eye, then use a handlebar mount to fit the GoPro onto the that. I like the idea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Looks like you'd get some nice footage from that angle :) I like the outside shots, especially the angle from behind the front wheel looking forward. I think the angle from the front splitter looking forward is really cool but a bit intense :)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
How about some construction criticism?

Mix up your shots, front bumper, back window, front windscreen, shoot yourself driving, mix up the speeds where appropriate; for instance to emphasize the curvy road speed up the video or slow it down when you are headed into spectacular scenery. Do some editing by way of being ruthless and cutting repetitive looking footage and switch your clips about every 5-8 seconds so your viewers aren't bored viewing the same stuff for ten minutes.

You could also show the start point (road name or marker) and put in some subtitles in to make notes of where you are at and consider adding a title and an ending. And definitely adjust saturation a bit so your vids aren't so flat.

That's a great beginning and I'm not slamming your vid but, put yourself in the easy chair from the perspective of someone watching the video. What would you watch and what would you click shut after a bit?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I like the outside shots, especially the angle from behind the front wheel looking forward
i keep threatening to put a mount underneath the wing mirror, this would give a good view forward & be far enough out to see the front wheel & the steering angle but never get around to doing it. Most of my fast driving is done on the 1/4mile which doesn't need much steering lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr Z: thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I was looking for. Will definitely work on that!

P: I like it! Sounds like a great camera angle. Quarter mile driving is fun too :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
as well as the tow-eye mount, the other mount i used for my 1/4mile video was one that clips over the top of a window. I'm going to have a side-on view as well next time i race so you can see the opponent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.