GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to register and update the firmware for a Wifi Bacpac (to be used with a Hero2). I have verified in Windows Device Manager that the Wifi Bacpac driver is properly installed. I am using the latest version of Gopro Studio. It identifies the Wifi Bacpac and that the says there is an update available, but that I must register first. When I click on register it takes me to the Gopro site but it says 404 page not found. The same issue occurs on a 2nd computer and multiple browsers (latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome), so it definitely is not a computer problem. The problem is that the Wifi Bacpac registration webpage seems to no longer exist! I found the new registration page on the Gopro site, but it only works for Hero3 and newer cameras. Very frustrating! I know this is discontinued but it's ridiculous that Gopro would seemingly eliminate any possibility of updating firmware if the bacpac wasn't registered.

I have emailed Gopro but judging by all the complaints about their customer service I'm not very hopeful that I'll get a timely or useful response. So I'm hoping someone here can help. I have already read through the previous threads on this site, the Gopro site help, as well as googled for hours and not found anything that worked. Has anyone else had this problem recently? If so, were you able to resolve it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:
Received a reply from Gopro who confirmed the wifi bacpac registration site was down and Gopro was working to get it back online. 2 days later they fixed the problem and the site and firmware upgrade work fine now.
So if anyone else has the same problem in the future, contact Gopro to make sure they're aware of the problem and ask them to fix it.

·
Administrator
9,587 Posts
a year later like the OP said try sending a email, or today use their chat services. you have that answer in a matter o 5 minutes

FISH

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Is this site down again? All I get is "Epic Fail" when attempting to register my bacpac.
The epic fail may be caused from not reading the website information correctly. You will find out how do to this the right way by using the "Forums Tab" and navigating to the "Documented Tutorials Section"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts