GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to see if I can rescue some footage from my GoPro Hero 6.
The camera froze a few minutes into recording, however, the record light was still flashing, so I'm hoping it carried on recording.

I've tried 2 recovery programs (That have worked for me in the past) and there are many video files recovered. However, when I try an open them in many different programs, they just won't open.
Please can someone help me with either of the following:

1) If the GoPro freezes, will it carry on recording until the battery is removed

2) Is there a way someone can suggest that I can open these recovered MP4 videos? (I've tried the GoPro player, VLC, Quicktime player, Premiere, After effects)

Recording format was 1080p 50p

Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
We all know A gopro will crash and when the next time turning on, or quick Capture is used, it will repair the file, that is/was what you are saying.

Now you got a file that got corrupted, sounds like the sd card, if it keeps doing it, until the card is replaced you will continue to get these issues. GoPro should have offered a recovery program, they don't.

1 gopro freezes Long press 12 seconds/32 seconds Mode on. called a reset/reboot

2, you need a recovery program google it. Not a editor or player

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the camera repaired the file as I remember it saying so on the screen the next time I turned it on. However, there's 7 or 8 minutes of footage missing from when it froze.

I've used 2 recovery programs which have found some missing videos files (MP4s) but when I try and open them in lots of different programs, they all say the file it corrupted.

The files are there, they have been recovered. However, I can't play them at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
why not upload the currupted file to a upload site like dropbox see what we all can do?

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
no answer to your issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, no, I still can't get it to work. I can't upload the file and share with others as it's confidential.
It's frustrating as the videos have been recovered I think, but I can't open them in any program to check / use them

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
Purchase a paid recovery program they fix corrupted files. if it does not request a refund

You think gopro would fix a repair file

Use GoPro SOS
  1. Turn off the camera, remove both battery and SD card.
  2. Insert the battery and power on the camera.
  3. Insert the SD card, wait for the recovery icon to appear and press any button to start repairing the corrupted video files.
  4. Turn off your camera and remove the SD card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts