GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newbie to both aerial photography and action camera. Last week I decided on buying a drone with 4k camera for an upcoming event and the family holiday vacation. I love the fact that gopro offers such a modular system and that it covers more than aerial photography, the removable gimbal and standalone camera are truly great feature/design that make me keep coming back for a second look at the Karma. I am even willing to accept the larger size of the whole system compared to say a Mavic Pro, but I truly believe it is oversight on GoPro's part to ignore the collision avoidance and follow me features.

Does it have all the components to incorporate this with a software update in the future, if not I believe it will be another nail in the coffin.

Just frustrated that the leader in a segment can release a product without the most important feature.

·
Administrator
9,583 Posts
Hardware is needed for avoidance and sensors are not offered, if they were then it have it then add software,

DJI phantom 4 is SQUARE visually its hard to operate till used to design, larger is easier to see? MAvic is compact not SQUARE easier to know the front when remembering design.

First time flyer best of luck Ijusten was a first time flyer and I seen her crash, out of control not knowing a quad and think you can simply start hover and adjust. but I think there was more to it....

I start learning it never knowing persons expertese...
enjoy

FISH

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
as long as your sensible & take your time getting used to it, the modern avoidance systems etc aren't needed in my eyes. I've got 2 Phantom 2's, which haven't got any avoidance yet only really crashed once in around 100 flights (& that was due to unbalanced props)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as your sensible & take your time getting used to it, the modern avoidance systems etc aren't needed in my eyes. I've got 2 Phantom 2's, which haven't got any avoidance yet only really crashed once in around 100 flights (& that was due to unbalanced props)
How about "follow me", how are people managing to shoot action scenes - have someone else shoot?

·
Administrator
9,583 Posts
Today you want the Mavic or P4 or later the 2nd gen Karma enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts