GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a GoPro Hero 2 with the wifi bacpac. But the seller has forgotten the wifi password.

I've seen the suggestion on GoPro's website to do the following:
Open GoPro Studio connect your Wi-Fi BacPac via USB
Open the "Device Window" by selecting Help > Device Window...
Select the Wi-Fi BacPac from the list of devices
Select "Change Name & Password"
Use 8 characters for both the network name & password

However, I go to search for Device Window under Help in the GoPro App and GoPro Studio and there's nothing that pops up.

Can anyone help me change the name/password of the bacpac? Or at least open the Device Window?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
r.kessler.

Go to:

1. "Forums" Tab (above)

2. Go to Gopro videos

3. Go to "How To/Tutorials"

4. Locate the post at the top of that window that is stickied and labeled "How to and Learning resources"

5. Navigate down to "How To Change your wifi name and password"

You will find what you need there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
r.kessler.

Go to:

1. "Forums" Tab (above)

2. Go to Gopro videos

3. Go to "How To/Tutorials"

4. Locate the post at the top of that window that is stickied and labeled "How to and Learning resources"

5. Navigate down to "How To Change your wifi name and password"

You will find what you need there.
I have to say that this fix does not work for me. the latest version of the GoPro Studio does not show a "devices" panel. I have tried this on two seperate computers, and still have the same issue as the OP.

Please, someone provide an answer, other than sending us to the gopro help article. it simply does not work.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have you updated your GoPro camera? You may need to do so first in order for the wifi bacpac to show up.
You can do so through the GoPro Studio application on your computer.

Kareem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you updated your GoPro camera? You may need to do so first in order for the wifi bacpac to show up.
You can do so through the GoPro Studio application on your computer.

Kareem
I did a manual firmware update on the camera. The software is showing no other updates for it whatsoever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay, I have found a solution that allowed me to change the wifi name and password.

it seems that the newest version of Studio either isn't compatible with the HERO2 Bacpac, or just does not have the correct options needed to change the information.

What needs to be done is download an older version of the software (I googled previous versions of gopro studio). What I installed was version 2.0 of the studio, and right away it allowed me to connect and change the needed information.

I hope this helps other people out.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I'm glad you got it sorted. The "official fix" is the only one we've/I have heard about and the Hero 2 is not a camera I own, nor do I still use GPS. If you are ok with it, I will include post #7 (above) in the "How To" section (once admin has it back online) so other can benefit from your knowledge.

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts