GoPro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a shiny new GoPro Hero 11 Black, latest firmware. I have a 14" M1 MacBook Pro, and also a M1 MacStudio. Both Macs are running the latest Mac OS. I cannot get the GoPro to copy files over USB-C - not with Image Capture, not with Final Cut Pro. I have to remove the memory card from the GoPro and copy the files via the Finder.

Does this just not work? Is there some trick I'm missing? Anything I am doing wrong or should check?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
Personally, I always remove the card and use a SD Card adapter to connect to my system, but with the GoPro connected to your computer, switch on the GoPro and select USB mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! Yes it is in USB mode. The Mac can see the video on the GoPro but it fails to import the media.
Open Image Capture app on your Mac and attach your GoPro Hero via USB-C and it should appear in the top left.
Once you click on the Device (top left) it will display all your recordings and you Download one or all of them to "Pictures" folder.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
As I have the Mac as well, that is exactly how it works, had trouble trying to figure it out, coming from a win, and still on win. some things with mac are easy and vica versa hard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts