GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question/problem with GoPro Quik for Desktop. When I connect my Hero7 Black to my laptop it seems to connect properly via USB, I can see the device and view or manipulate the files on my SD card. However, Quik does not detect my camera being attached. I have a GoPro Hero7 Black running the 1.80 FW. My laptop is a Win10 machine with all known updates and I have used various USB cables including the one furnished with the camera. I am using Quik for Desktop version 2.7.0.945. I have tried it with and without Quik configured to auto detect the camera. I am experiencing no other USB issues and as such do NOT want to delete all of my USB configurations. If I remove the SD card and insert it via adapter, Quick does see it and all works well. This seems to have happened after I updated the firmware. Is anyone else seeing this?

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
this is a win 10 platform, that saying not all win 10 platforms are the same, guages does not work we will see , lets see if we can get you going buy showing you Oops By showing you how I get mine going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Fish. I went ahead and removed Quik from my computer, rebooted and tried to re-install, but it failed as the Quik uninstall routine had NOT cleaned the appdata directory. I went ahead and did that manually, rebooted and was able to successfully re-install Quik. I immediately noticed that upon launching Quick I was already logged in and that my media folder was already selected - so much for a clean un-install! In any case, I was now prompted to add my camera. I followed the directions, but Quick never recognized the camera despite it being seen in my computer and my being able to access the files. I hope Quik works well for MAC users but it really sucks with regards to Windows. I'm hoping that after acquiring Dashware, GoPro will release a new/better version of Quik.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
Quick is gopros free basic program, the studio is the better. but paid programs Filmora 9. give it a shot, Magix updates are a FEE, as well their additional codecs are for a FEE I suggest Power Director 17 ultimate or filmora 9. not a german base company.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. I have Adobe Premier Elements and a paid version of VSDC, so I really don’t need Quik but I hate when something is not working & I can’t figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
Fails to work you dump it, I say the older version worked byt guages is a issue and I simply gave up on the Hero 7 black with win for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts