GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bublcam 360° is different from the Go Pro because it records a 360-degree panoramic image in video or photo format including HDR. The project is being funded by a Kickstarter campaign that has already reached more than twice its goal before its campaign period ended.

The tetrahedral shape and special-design lenses allow the image of each camera to interleave with the others, while the software recreates the right image coming from the sensors.

The Bublcam 360° can shoot 14 mega pixel photos and videos at 1080p at 15 fps and 720p at 30fps. The camera also has an SD card slot and WiFi and USB streaming capabilities.

The Bublcam 360° will be available in December 2013 for $499.

·
Registered
417 Posts
battery life of this thing must suck

not so much a go pro competitor. it has its uses though.
yeah there's no way it will last long, even with a lithium ion battery. what will help is having a replaceable battery so you can carry a bunch of charged batteries with you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hold on, before we castrate this thing lets consider its simply a startup right now. GoPro was a start up at one point. To edit you simply pick which pieces of the 360 view you want to use and away you go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hold on, before we castrate this thing lets consider its simply a startup right now. GoPro was a start up at one point. To edit you simply pick which pieces of the 360 view you want to use and away you go.
Too true.
When I went to check it out on KS and found this GoPro add on actioncam360 which I think i prefer.... hmmm

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea people are pretty quick to denounce this product before giving it a chance. The Go Pro has had far more time to become established and work out kinks, etc... I think the 360° view could be really cool for some things. Like the copters that people put cameras on and fly around. I'd like to see some actual footage using the camera so that I can evaluate it better.

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
the concept is awesome. For some it may not be their taste, but for the others it could just be. what they want. People cried about quality, now they are crying battery.
what next

Best of luck hope it makes the market!

·
Registered
144 Posts
but seriously, if this thing gets off the ground can you imagine the applications, take GoPros involvement with MotoX, now imagine the videos they load up of MotoX events just with a 360 degree view. Or when GoPros are put in the cockpit of a race car, how cool would it be to not only watch wahts going on in front of the car but also sneak a peek at the driver ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remember that the Bublcam is still in development and is a start-up. People are investing through Kickstarter. The first product may lag behind the Go Pro in some ways but it is more about the potential of the product than its current state.

While the 360° vision is not right for everything, some people will be happy to have the ability to record panoramic video. Just depend what you are doing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That would be my concern initially although again, as a start up, the concept is there.

The actioncam360 on kickstarter utilises the GoPro in 4k mode which is where my money would be for 360 degree video at the moment.

I can see the benefit of this though. I can imagine throwing that around at the beach at getting some good aerial shots, maybe not video but certainly photos for Facebook, Instagram, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That would be my concern initially although again, as a start up, the concept is there.

The actioncam360 on kickstarter utilises the GoPro in 4k mode which is where my money would be for 360 degree video at the moment.

I can see the benefit of this though. I can imagine throwing that around at the beach at getting some good aerial shots, maybe not video but certainly photos for Facebook, Instagram, etc.

well if actioncam360 gets established it will kill bubl before it even gets off the ground

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just think that it would be cool to get a 360° view from a copter. People do those videos with the Go Pro already, and I think a 360° would make it even better. After seeing this I bet you Go Pro will make their own 360° lens and neutralize the threat. Seems like the best move to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just think that it would be cool to get a 360° view from a copter. People do those videos with the Go Pro already, and I think a 360° would make it even better. After seeing this I bet you Go Pro will make their own 360° lens and neutralize the threat. Seems like the best move to me.
actioncam360

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just want to share some frustrations about Bublcam.

I keep sending emails to bublcam support team asking for a procedure to send back the faulty devices but they don't answer anymore.

I have bought 2 bublcam, both of them stopped working after a few weeks. I received the new charger but it is not doing anything. It seems a lot of users have the same issue as me.

Now it is the fifth email I sent asking for the procedure but no one is answering from their team.

It is a big con, bravo Bubl team, you fooled a lot of people... clap clap...

Please think twice before buying a bublcam...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts