Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just recieved my brand new HERO 3 Black edition, tried to use it straight out of the box, but didnt power on, so charged it using wall adapter. after a few hours the red LED on the back started to flash so i disconnected it, i then tried to switch the camera, but nothing. i also tried connecting to a PC, but had a single flash from the front & back red LEDs then nothing again. the only time ive been able to power the camera up was with the usb cable attached to a wall adapter, and even then, it doesnt recognise the sd card, and if i try to go through modes, it freezes and gives out a continuous beep. ive tested the battery and its giving out 3.8v.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you upgrade the firmware? I updated right out of the box, but I heard the older versions had its share of issues.

The only problem I have is every once in a while the camera doesn't turn on when it should. I usually just pop the battery in and out and it works fine right after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for your reply, unfortunately the pc doesn't recognise the camera, and the camera doesn't recognise the sd card, so cant update

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like your battery still needs to be charged - red LED go off (no blinking) when fully charged. Plug it into the wall (not your PC) and let it charge. After it's charged, you can do the manual update of the firmware from the website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.