GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new to all of this. I'm a photographer, and just took the plunge into the GoPro world!!! Very excited.

I bought some kind of cheap one-hand stabilizer off of Ebay with the intention on mounting a brushless gimbal on it; probably a 2-axis to start off with. Nothing fancy.

My question is: Do they make bottom mount gimbals? The ones I come across are all top-mounted for use with aerial video/photography and quadcopters. I have my own quad, but am wanting to do more on-the-ground shooting rather than aerial at the moment. And because I've never purchased a gimbal, I don't know all of the geometrics and rules about using one. Are you even able to bottom mount it?

I've included a photo of the stabilizer I purchased. I COULD mount it on the top, but the nature of this stabilizer is for the camera to be attached on the bottom. Not sure if it would provide as much stabilization with it being top-mounted.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

-Mike

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,365 Posts
yes you need to switch the motors around and then you can have it the way you want. more or les you swap the brackets but the screws may not line up?

You fly a quad you may know the answer if you are into RC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts