GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a Hero 8 to use alongside my Hero 4 and have been using it to film outdoors but the quality has consistently been terrible especially for trees and in general things at a medium distance away seem very blurred. I have played around with loads of settings but I can't seem to find any that work. Both of these screenshots below are 1080p (my preferred resolution) and taken from the same distance from the treeline. This is my second Hero 8 and both have this issue so I think it's unlikely that the camera is the issue. Does anyone have any recommendations for sorting this out? Maybe I'm doing something very wrong in the settings etc...

Cloud Water Sky Mountain Natural landscape

Water Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape

·
Registered
575 Posts
how exactly are you shooting those photos/ videos? i can see some kind of glass in front of the lens which seems incredibly dirty and can cause such loss of detail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like the top image has a slow shutter speed causing blur. I'd probably set all settings to default/auto and basically start over, verify the camera CAN shoot a clear video then start tweaking settings. I'd also make sure hypersmooth is off during this process. And then reply with the results.

·
Administrator
9,231 Posts
some heros had issues of blurriness and out of focus make sure your model is not one of them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts