GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My initial posting.

I bicycle in Maryland on paved roads only. Most County and State roads I find to be appreciably well-paved.

I intend to mount my HERO8 Black on the handlebars of my bicycles, preferably in an upright position.

What advice/suggestions might forum members with similar mounting experience give me on the best device to use to securely mount the HERO8 beside the stem and produce high quality filmage?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
10,061 Posts
I remember going on the NCR trails from Cockysville to York, gravel all the way and not rough, but a smooth ride, wish I had a gopro back then but I had these Aiptek IS-DV models that Wish the company kept with it. They would have made a Action camera. Many types of gopro mounts out there, I get a Aluminum one as plastic ones are brittle. , alan key m3 bolts. no one will steal the mount if left on. I am also looking for one, and it would be Ebay. I hold mine in the hand, or others wear a chesty. I simply also stick mine in the front waste area.

FISH

·
Administrator
2,997 Posts
Old video, but the most solid mounts I have ever tested. Also used by GoPro to produce promotional footage (I think with the Hero 6 or 7).

If you want something a bit cheaper, yet still quite solid, I personally use this one:

Or for something more versatile, so you can attach it to different shaped objects:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, if the perspective you favor seems to be too static/non dynamic then you can choose a helmet mount.
If you keep your head steady you will get some more living shots and also you can look on interesting details beside the road.
Maybe a second cam mounted in the back direction will give you more freedom in editing to have some variety.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dollarbob,

I tried all kinds of mounts on my bikes. I've made a 2 part video on the various Gopro mounts available for bikes.

Here is the link to Part 1 of the video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts