GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a GoPro Hero 5 Black camera. It's mounted to the top of the handlebar, on my bicycle. More specifically, it is inverted. In such, I can't tell if the camera is recording while riding. I have to rotate the camera upwards to view the front display. In such, I have to take my eyes off the road and lean forward. It's a bit awkward and not very safe. I can't rely on the camera's LED indicator lights, as they are too dim to see in day light. It's very annoying and I've yet to find a solution. I really don't want to mount the camera right side up, as it would interfere with the GPS mounted above the camera. Also, I find the camera to be most stable (and provide best quality) while inverted.

Any ideas?

TIA.

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Best to post a photo up on your set up as this is a Hero 5??? Black?

its on the top of the Handle bar, upside down, understanding the Mount is now in the way of the screen but not the bottom led? And the Red Bullet is blocked (brightness dims to 10%). To Conserve battery is not to use the GoPro app or 3rd party Remotes. Star the record, forget the camera. when finished hit the stop. If listening to the sound, never perfect or viewing the product, then not sure what else can be done

GoPro app. seen through the smartphone, GoPro Remote controls the camera. aftermarket remotes are again visuals and controls. Voice commad can be used but audio needs to be heard.

then reposition the camera to a more visual platform i say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Sorry about my delayed response, I haven't been getting notifications for this thread. I'll see if I can take a photo of my configuration and follow up soon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As per my previous post, here are some photos. Top view and frontal view:

This photo shows the camera in the upright position. It's the orientation I use to view the status of the camera while riding.

This view shows the configuration of the GPS and camera.

If you're wondering why the camera is on it's own mount... I tried mounting it to the bottom of the GPS mount and it caused a "pogo" effect. Having the camera on its own mount yields the best result, IMO.

·
Registered
369 Posts
As it was previously said , you can either enable beeping sound , or get yourself a gopro remote which can be mounted to the steering directly or keep it on your wrist as a watch.

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Thank you.

two options or just record & ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As it was previously said , you can either enable beeping sound , or get yourself a gopro remote which can be mounted to the steering directly or keep it on your wrist as a watch.
The beeping sound seems to be the best solution, for the moment. I have a portable speaker mounted to the stem that normally plays music. I can distinguish the difference, in sound, between the two devices, so no problems there. It's just when the camera stops without "signalling", or when I'm concentrating 100% on the road, traffic, navigating, etc. The previous models had much better indicator lights, I wish they would bring them back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts