GoPro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While GoPro makes it easy to shoot video, it takes the right software to edit all those clips into something useable and shareable. What are your top 3 favorite GoPro video editing software (mobile + desktop) for beginners and pros?

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Desktop wins for me, does not tie my phone up. three titles, Magix Movie edit pro , Cyberlink Powerdirector, ar the two favorites I use for me

·
Registered
KTM 300 XCW (2021)
16 Posts
While GoPro makes it easy to shoot video, it takes the right software to edit all those clips into something useable and shareable. What are your top 3 favorite GoPro video editing software (mobile + desktop) for beginners and pros?
I only do desktop. So I can't address mobile.
I paid for and used CyberLink PowerDirector for several years. But about a year ago, I switched to Davinci Resolve (free). It does everything I want, has a huge number of very cool abilities, and is free. I like it so much I am thinking about paying for their studio version.

IMHO, none of the "easy to use" editors are actually easy to use. What they are is limited in what they can do. PowerDirector and Resolve can do just about anything that an advanced amateur wants.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Powerdirector for win/mac Devinchi is blackmagics camera software, not gopro at the time but many seem to use it, for FREE

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Any software is; Pwerdirector is not difficult at all. a few things I find hard but because programs shuffle things or combines them to clean up etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using Magix Movie Studio Platinum for years and am now on version 16. It's a learning curve if you don't edit every day, but it's intuitive.
It also helps being a gamer because I have a beefy PC - Ryzen 5600X paired with 32GB RAM, NVMe and an RX 5700 XT. The hardware makes a big difference in rendering times.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Mep 2021 awesome program love it but at times if I want to do Motion tracking or blur a face, its fun trying to figure it out, love it better then powerdirector for the root, videos are easily there then uploading

Reactions: Splinter

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
To all its called Magix By Sony today and MEP 2021 movie edit pro,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts