GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a hero 3+ black edition and hope to video pro sized RC helicopters. I will mount the camera on my hat and want to be able to later analyze the flight. The average size of the helicopter is 36 inches long and 12 inches tall with a rotor disc of five feet. For safety, distance from camera is 30 feet and greater. I am now learning the settings available, any suggestions to get the best video would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
9,931 Posts
I found a narrower view will get a closer shot, if distance is an issue. Hd1080P will allow to zoom in with editing some. while other settings do not allow FOV changes. this cam is meant for to be work and action, I guess this is one great way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is a great thread. I have always wanted to use a drone with my Go Pro, but I had never thought of what settings to use while filming. Settings that allow for zooming in are probably best. I'll return here for reference if I ever get to buying a copter.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Remote zoom is a must for me.
We're planning to get some PWC's and it will help to zoom in and out while filming even while viewing the live feed while filming

1 - 5 of 5 Posts