GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want to do is with a Android phone is use the remote is turn the camera on and off and view the video.
I have the MYK for Hero 7 but it doesn't display video and it says its not compatible with Hero 8.

Can you recommend a remote app for android that will turn on and off the camera and display video on the phone?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
All I want to do is with a Android phone is use the remote is turn the camera on and off and view the video.
I have the MYK for Hero 7 but it doesn't display video and it says its not compatible with Hero 8.

Can you recommend a remote app for android that will turn on and off the camera and display video on the phone?

Thank you!
To my knowledge, you need to use the GoPro App. Hope you find a solution soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge, you need to use the GoPro App. Hope you find a solution soon.
yea. It doesn't work. Constantly disconnects and takes forever to reconnect. Unusable. Ive tried it several times. I've used a phone app successfully, MYK, it will turn on and off the camera but won't show video. I don't think MYK is supported any longer because there have been no responses to questions for several weeks. I just now got an aftermarket Chinese hardware remote, Yoctop, that works well just to simply turn on and off the camera, no video but with some audio and visual feedback as to the status of the camera so that's probably the solution.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts