GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m new to GoPro, I have the hero09 and I wondered if you guys had any advice on the best editing software to use and best laptop as I’m in the market for a new one.
thanks for your help

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
thank you for joining the site to learn about a better laptop, but it helps other members to know what you are using at the moment, and what you are after. suggestions and recomendations work both ways good luck and stay tuned I am sure those that got a great set up will share. you'll hear. we use smartphones Lol

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Using a Surface Pro 4, edits it perfectly if that helps out

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are many video editing programs on the market. A very good free version (which can do more than some paid versions from other providers) is DaVinci Resolve. However, the program is not very intuitive - the learning curve is quite steep. But there are tons of tutorials on YT like hardly any other program!
As for the laptop - that depends on what resolution, how many video tracks, and much more. you want to work. DaVinci is e.g. one of the few programs (only from the full version!) that support an NVIDIA graphics card and thus has a noticeable speed advantage when rendering. In order to really exploit the potential and to be armed up to 8k, the graphics card has to be very potent ... ok, the CPU can't be fast enough and you can never have enough RAM anyway ... well and a really fast SSD is also recommended. But then the purchase price is certainly beyond € 4000 ... Like something like that e.g. High-End Laptop i9 11900K - RTX 3080 (17,3")
Of course, it is also much cheaper - if you are satisfied with FullHD and a maximum of 2 video tracks and you don't care whether you need 20 minutes or 2 hours to render.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts