GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good filter mount for a Hero7. I intend to use a CP filter and sometimes an ND on top of that.
I am trying to source an adaptor that will position the filters as close as possible to the lens (to minimise vignetting) and a good interference fit.

Any suggestions would be great.

·
Administrator
9,714 Posts
@Ifti the Man of products here.

·
Administrator
9,714 Posts
Have you any in mind?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not right now. The filter I will source from Tiffen or another reputable make rather than cheap Chinese resin filters. It really boils down to finding a decent adaptor that keeps any filter as close to the original lens as possible to minimise possible vignetting.There isn't really a lot out there as far as guides or YouTube videos go. Most seem to be tailored to instructing what CP and ND filter do rather than the practicalities/limitations of use with a GoPro. I'm quite surprised just how little 'technical' filter information is out there considering the popularity of these little cams.

·
Administrator
9,714 Posts
TIffen Hauppauge Long Island N.Y. U.S.A. Best of luck with them, Nothing bad. I do the research decide if it's really worth the while on an Action camera, the hero 7 you can slip off the lens protector, that you know, but the Hero 8 Good luck, polarpro made one, others might follow.

Ifti has a channel of reviews, totally understand you're not interested in peoples reviews, you want actual hands on filters. If a real camera store Like Online B & H photos closed on Saturdays 39th st, 9th Avenue NYC U.S.A. does not have it then I have no idea who else,

Neewer is one company Tellisen is another, Let the members come on and chime in that said Be safe stay strong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TIffen Hauppauge Long Island N.Y. U.S.A. Best of luck with them, Nothing bad. I do the research decide if it's really worth the while on an Action camera, the hero 7 you can slip off the lens protector, that you know, but the Hero 8 Good luck, polarpro made one, others might follow.

Ifti has a channel of reviews, totally understand you're not interested in peoples reviews, you want actual hands on filters. If a real camera store Like Online B & H photos closed on Saturdays 39th st, 9th Avenue NYC U.S.A. does not have it then I have no idea who else,

Neewer is one company Tellisen is another, Let the members come on and chime in that said Be safe stay strong.
I am based in the UK and there is no shortage of decent glass filters. I am looking for a review but one that covers the actual practicalities and features of a 52mm adaptor rather than focussing on why its a good idea to use a filter. How does it attach? Does it stay put? Does it cause vignette and when? What material is it? Does it have a grub screw to secure it in place and does the screw damage the camera? etc.
At the moment I am probably going to buy half a dozen different options and review them mysef.

·
Administrator
9,714 Posts
that is what we all do buy one try one, not happy return it. the Amazon info not reviews be a good start, Hero 4 waterproof case the Company that offered me the product to review, was a bolt on screw with a edge. fitted the hero 5. 6. 7 but as I know Glass lenses win me over, on a $50.00 plus ND kit

Here is an Older kit but you're not going to be interested lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts