GoPro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the battery from my GoPro hero 8 started bloating , very hard I pulled it out of the camera. I charged my battery only with original GoPro charger. You can see in my photos how big is the battery
What’s the problem ?!
Output device Peripheral Gadget Office equipment Netbook

Finger Gesture Electric blue Electronic component Cable

Gadget Circuit component Rectangle Electronic component Cable

Rectangle Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior Font

·
Administrator
2,920 Posts
Have you contacted GoPro? Could very well be a defective battery, but wouldn't know for sure unless you can provide more details such as the climate the battery is used in, how it is charged/discharged, etc....

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
wonder if the actual camera and charge curcuitry to blame

·
Registered
6 Posts
A quick internet search indicates that "swollen batteries are often the result of overcharging, a faulty battery, or a manufacturing defect." I had the same issue in the past with a couple of them, I simply ordered a new set of batteries. I may be wrong, but I don't think that the people at GoPro Support knows why it happen.

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
I have 3 batteries but only one have this problem , this means that camera it’s ok
As @Kofla points out, bats get swollen for reasons. will not go into detail, if the bat is swollen, best not be sitting in the house. Number of reports, were the camera, and not staying near in person when camera charges, people go to sleep leave charge all night. The camera takes up to 4 hours on a depleted battery via the laptops 3 types of Amps it pushes out, Also PD charges to. cell charges, I. Uses a .5Amp. Takes the same time to charge. My bat up Less isssues

been in the Rc to learn fast charging is not good for any devices.
we’re just saying and its best to investigate eh tissue 1 or 100 batteries

1 - 8 of 8 Posts