GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my GoPro Hero8 from Adorama N Y with 5 extra batteries , When fully charged it takes less than 15 to 20 minutes and its drained out and beeps shuts off my camera ????? Suppose these batteries are better than the Hero7 longer time ? Can someone answer this question.

·
Administrator
10,064 Posts
Lets see no mention of the settings:

Brightness is set to what %
screen saver set to what interval?
GPS on or off
Voice command On or off
Wake on is it on with voice command,
Wireless connections is left On or off
What Mode, resolution and protunes used?
is protune raw audio raw used
and a promic, media module and external mic used

Did you charge and use the battery first time and this was what you got , or did you recycle 5 times and then this was what you got?

I just came back and a mistake I made was left Superview on Lol but I got with :

4K30F superview, Bitrate High, protunes used, Brightness 40%, screen saver to never, GP on VC off, 45 plus minutes of use today. Hero 8 battery. recycled 100 plus time the least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my GoPro Hero8 from Adorama N Y with 5 extra batteries , When fully charged it takes less than 15 to 20 minutes and its drained out and beeps shuts off my camera ????? Suppose these batteries are better than the Hero7 longer time ? Can someone answer this question.
Fish is right! I have a new one too and was using it for a 1 hour ride to work. 15-20 min max. It did not help streaming to my cell phone too...lol
I'm going to use the media case and connect it to a battery power supply much larger than the stock battery (20,000 ma) . I need 4 hour recording capability for longer motorcycle rides.

·
Administrator
10,064 Posts
Each 1000 mah is an hours time. And yes having Voice control, wake on, wireless connection on, screen brightness 80% (default), gps, etc will consume battery. like you can ride longer if you go slower, and tire faster if you full throttle.. thanks

FISH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Each 1000 mah is an hours time. And yes having Voice control, wake on, wireless connection on, screen brightness 80% (default), gps, etc will consume battery. like you can ride longer if you go slower, and tire faster if you full throttle.. thanks

FISH
I decided to use the media mod for external interfaces and especially external battery power with c connector; I connect the mic for audio commands with y-connector to headset audio for recording of received audio from others (including music, gps, etc). Now I can use my motorcycle helmet while riding all day with a Hero 8. Unfortunately I only installed a 128 G card so every other gas stop I change cards.When I'm too old for motorcycling, I can at least enjoy the recordings ..lol...a joy to use. Thanks GoPro and Fish.

·
Administrator
10,064 Posts
I did the same with cruises, lost/stolen portable drive, lucky I had a back up got halve the vids, but most online to view. the Hero 4 black I had I used a 5000mah bank, recorded the whole day of the excursion, so I could like said and here we are today in a crises, look back on my adventures....

you are very welcomed. happy filming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts