GoPro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of talk on battery drain. yet a lot of members ever posting up ...

FISH

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've noticed it on mine. I don't have turn on with voice command enabled so don't know why the draw. I don't keep batteries in it anymore when I'm not using it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new Hero 7 Black may have power supply/battery issues. When recording video at 60-240 Hz frame rates, the camera front lens gets too hot to touch. With the battery installed, the camera shuts off after approx. 20 minutes. This is NOT because the memory is full, or the loop video has insufficient size.
With the battery removed, powered by an external Anker battey. the camera will record looping video continuously at 1080/60 Hz without stopping. However, the Anker power supply shows signs of an intermitant short ( blue battery level LEDs all blink out, then come back on).

Anyone else seen odd power behavior from their Hero 7?

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have noticed battery issues only occasionaly. sometimes i start my gopro after a week of no use and its completely dead, sometimes its almost full. there might be some bug in the firmware that causes battery consumption in some certain scenarios, definitely not always

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have noticed battery issues only occasionaly. sometimes i start my gopro after a week of no use and its completely dead, sometimes its almost full. there might be some bug in the firmware that causes battery consumption in some certain scenarios, definitely not always
I agree. Some of it probably comes from the wifi being "on" for 8 hrs after you've powered it off so that you can turn the camera on remotely.... beyond 8 hrs I have no clue.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree. Some of it probably comes from the wifi being "on" for 8 hrs after you've powered it off so that you can turn the camera on remotely.... beyond 8 hrs I have no clue.

i always turn off the wifi after i finish downloading stuff and i never use voice control because it failed me too often (im not native english speaker). But there must be some other factor that comes into play. I dont care anymore tho, as i have spare batteries which are always ready even when the main one isnt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m new to the hero7. You’ll have to check some of the settings. The Wi-Fi goes into standby mode even after you've shut the camera off. It allows you to remotely turn on the camera for up to 8 hrs after it's been turned off. Not sure you can disable it or not.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you do not close down things that is what you get, take the extra step to make sure you are on shut down.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
meaning leave it on shut the cam off and days later turn on ?

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would simply set the camera up and observe at your End. every gopro is like a pet rock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts