GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the suction cup mount for my truck but not sure if state law will allow it where I live . That mount probably would not work on my dash . I really do not want to put tape on the dash that may cause damage later on if I try to get it off. I just wondered if any of you guys or girls have tried to make a base with magnets in it for sticking it on your dash . I figure the one that the camera is mounted to when you get it would be stable . A wood or other custom made base would work with the original base fastened to it. . My dash is not very padded and I think it would work but I have not had a chance to try a magnet on the dash because of cold weather and snow . Has anyone tried this ?

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
Ever concider a bike mount on the rear view Mirror and attach that route? Or how bout on your Sunvisor. I understand any obstruction on front of you is asking for a problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will look at my mirror and bike mount to see if they look like it would work . Cold and snow now kind of makes me want to wait to investigate until warmer , lol. Never looked at that mount but will go look them up . Thanks.
Still learning, Looked at some video I shot making apple butter a few days ago and I thought the sound really sucked . Was looking at mic and stuff for the camera . Just happen to play with the Gopro Studio and converted my videos and "wow" I can hear the sound now. Have not figured out how to cut out parts of video but it is fun learning new things. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I downloaded Quick , that may have brought out the sound and not the converter . Not sure but now I know the sound will work .

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used one of the flat stick on mounts and stuck it the window. Then just clip the camera in and out. Mounted it up kind of behind the mirror so it doesn’t block my view. Works well except during hot days,the camera will overheat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used one of the flat stick on mounts and stuck it the window. Then just clip the camera in and out. Mounted it up kind of behind the mirror so it doesn’t block my view. Works well except during hot days,the camera will overheat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would take up very little area on the windshield , guess it depends on type car or truck and how window is slanted as to best way to go. Thinking a regular dash cam might be easier than trying to use the Gopro since the batteries do not seem to last very long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts