GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<< Badly help needed with Hero3 Silver: Turning WiFi on with a broken LCD >>>

Hey there,

since a few days I am an owner of a Gopro Hero 3 Silver Edition with a broken LCD I bought at ebay.

Today I tried to switch on WiFi via the button on the side but the Gopro won't switch WiFi on. The blue LED stays off.

So my request to you is:

Please guide me through the menu of the Gopro Hero 3 Silver Edition to reach WiFi settings and turn WiFi "ON" for the Gopro App on my iPhone App.

I am doing following scenario but it won't work:

-Switch camera on by pressing the Power Button one (3x beep)
-Press 4x Power Button to reach "Setup"
-Press Shutter button to confirm
-Press 6x Power Button to reach "Wireless Controls"
-Press Shutter Button to confirm

Then I don't know further what to do.

Please help me to activate WiFi, so I can set up my Gopro via the iPhone App and can start filming with my Quadrocopter.

Thank you so much and best regards,

Tolga

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I meant:

Please guide me through the menu of the Gopro Hero 3 Silver Edition to reach WiFi settings and turn WiFi "ON" to use the Gopro App on my iPhone .

·
Administrator
2,887 Posts
You are already there - when you reach the wireless controls menu, press the shutter button to enter. Then select the GoPro App option. This will switch the WiFi on and you will get the flashing blue LED indicator.

Then go to your smartphone and connect to the camera in your wifi settings.

Finally open the GoPro App.

WARNING: If you are looking to enable the camera WiFi while flying your quad, you NEED to check to ensure the wifi will not interfere with the radio transmission of between the RX and TX of your Quad - keeping the wifi on the GoPro switched on while flying the quad is one of the biggest causes of fly-aways and crashes.

·
Administrator
9,729 Posts
Every time you have to remember this. And Wi-Fi is the least of importance of the camera. Why are you not using the output of the camera, where you will benefit the full controls, rather guessing?

Use the usb port, tv output. You see the camera from there all the controls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies.

The problem is, that my front LCD is faulty and it doesn't show anything. So I'm looking to find a blind way to go through the menus because I can't see anything on the screen.

Yes, the BacPac LCD is fine but it is more weight for my Quadrocopter. I just want to use WiFi to setup my camera through the GoPro App. After that I'd switch WiFi off via the button on the side.

And yes, just on the ground before going into the air with the copter due to interferences. WiFi will be off during flights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts