GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im flying to a vacation next week. bought a hero9 for it , did a test video on 5K 24fps
my settings
linear + HL
sharpening low
100-1600 iso
hyper smooth on

bit rate high
ev -0.5
color flat

out side filming in a sunny day
video looks like 1080 not 5k.

what am i doing wrong?
i had a hero 7 and the video quality at 4k was much better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did edit the colors after
thats not the problem. i ment the video looks just bad as a raw footage. here ill add a link to a video clip with no color editing yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just added more sharpen to the video. still bad. i dont know why is that

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree with you, my H7 did much better videos and even photos.
I have done some pics and videos yesterday while on a walk and i had to do some heavy editing to be able to save at least few of the files.
I really hope its just a bug in firmware and they come with a firmware update to address that, i have already sold my 7 yesterday and im starting to regret that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t have time to wait for the to address that in an update. I’m flying in 2 days from now to the Seychelles. So frustrating.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
SUn is killing the shot for one. and how the Hero 9 is throwing this Hue in there to top it off, why I stopped at the Hero 8. can not help you out if you're rushed. shoot with the older cam till problems are solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is your sharpness setting on high? I think for my 7 I had it set on low for good looking video and photos.. but the 9 needs it on high

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is your sharpness setting on high? I think for my 7 I had it set on low for good looking video and photos.. but the 9 needs it on high
This is not a good advice. High on H9 causes image to be oversharpened, with artefacts and blown colors. If you zoom even a small amount you will see that picture looks like oil painting.
Its almost like they are trying to overcompensate poor image sensor or lens setting . I player around with photos and it doesnt matter what is the distance of the subject, all photos are out of focus.

what makes me angry the most is that i wont be even able to resell this in such condition

1 - 10 of 10 Posts