GoPro Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a cheap mod from a backpack that I picked up at a local thrift store. This backpack has an extendable arm that I drilled and tapped a 1/4" hole for an allen-head set screw. This holds my mount. In this particular clip, I have used a Super Clamp and an articulating arm attached to the backpack handle. The backpack cost me less than $4 bucks, so it is a cheapo mod to make and has many useful functions, as holding my gear and providing some unique views or camera shots. I like being able to hold it in front of me and make some swivel action shots. Actually, I prefer to not use the articulating arm, but keep the stock mount, as it is all easier to add and remove, as necessary, but it is nice to have options.

1st video with articulating arm attached to the handle of the backpack and 2nd video with the Eye of Mine mount attached that has the stock GoPro tripod head. This mount allowed the camera to be attached without the case. This is not a problem if you plan to cover the wind noise with music on your video, but if you actually wish to keep the microphone sound of the event, the wind noise becomes a real issue. I have a micover or stickover on my GoPro camera housing for sound reduction, but when the camera is physically outside of the clear plastic camera case, wind noise is a real issue when riding on a motorcycle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts