GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New GoPro user here. Just got my Hero8.
What I need is a continuous capture that is broken into small segments. I'm a photographer and need this for BTS purposes.
I thought clips feature is just that, but apparently it only takes one clip and that's it. I need to start the capture and let it record small files continuously until I stop it. I don't want to deal with 10-20 minute 4K files...
Is this at all possible?
Thank you!
Nikolai

·
Administrator
2,778 Posts
New GoPro user here. Just got my Hero8.
What I need is a continuous capture that is broken into small segments. I'm a photographer and need this for BTS purposes.
I thought clips feature is just that, but apparently it only takes one clip and that's it. I need to start the capture and let it record small files continuously until I stop it. I don't want to deal with 10-20 minute 4K files...
Is this at all possible?
Thank you!
Nikolai
Seems like you are more after a vehicle dash cam style camera, which will let you choose whether you want 1min, 3min, 5min etc clips. Once one clip finishes it continues to record the next clip, and so on. Once the card fills up it will loop the recording so as to always keep the latest files on the memory card.
I don't see any way to do this on the GoPro.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts