GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Hero 4 Silver with v3.0 firmware. When I attach an USB audio cable the LCD displays turns off. This happens:
a) On any mode whether video or still
b) Happens with or without an external microphone attached
c) The LCD goes blank almost immediately when the USB audio cable is attached.

I can still take videos and the external microphone is being used, but no display.

Is this normal/expected behaviour?

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
I used a gopro combo cable by Gopro.com. Are you using an Aftermarket cable, possibly not wired correctly

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Also, be aware that the usb port on the gopro's are a notoriously weak spot. Make sure you use care with that port because it's possible to dislodge it and damage the board. I agree with Fish that it's probably the incorrect cable. But, failing that, you might want to inspect the usb port for looseness.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
newer gopro has a loose port yes. older is a much snugger fit.

I get one try it out and find the correct wires o make it work if I gotten one. but since you say you got a bad one post the link up here so we can see exactly the one you got?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any information as to what the proper cable connections should be? I can bus out the one I have to compare.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Not sure one will have to find the layout on it? I seen a print before #5 &#9 are two numbers that rang a bell, but looped pin can also play best to have the paperwork to make one,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts