GoPro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.
Could you please help me.
Before I buy the Gopro11 I would like to know if I can play and edit high frame rate videos on my computer.
I'm using (windows 7) Radeon RX 570 video card which is a 4G and has H265/HEVC Decode rendering, 4K H264 Encode. My editor is Sony Vegas Pro.

I bought the Gopro 9 a few years ago and returned it because I couldn't play videos that were 60fps and above. Also I had problems playing 4k videos. However I didn't install the Win7 codec pack back then which decodes modern formats such as Gopro's HEVC. But based on my graphics card specs that format should've been covered anyway.

My monitors aren't 4k and the frame rate on them is quite low but I'm not sure if that factors into it. I can play 4k videos (imported from my phone) at 60fps so if there is a problem it would either be the 120 + frame rate or the Gopro format itself.

I just dont wanna spend the money on this without knowing.
Thanks.

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
You will want to ask someone to shoot a short clip of a profile set up to your needs, and for download , and you have your answer.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that.
It didn't play as is but I dragged it into Vegas Pro, it didn't play in that but I rendered it with the same settings as the original (4k 120) and then it played, even at that same frame rate which was surprising. So I could slow down the video to .06 and the resolution of the car wasn't blurred yet it was travelling quite fast. Amazing!

So it's just a matter of rendering to the correct format.
Thanks again. I will definitely buy this now.

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
try to set a proxy, or use videoprog vlogger editor its free we are not sponsoring that program, open and honest . see fit allows the PC to handle it

· Registered
623 Posts
also note that you are not shooting in 120 / 240 FPS to watch it in 120 / 240 FPS, but to create in post processing a seemless slowmotion by slowing down to 30 or 60 fps. You dont need to neccesarily be able to watch the clip to edit it. But if you are serious about your videos than you should also upgrade your computer.

Reactions: Fish
1 - 9 of 9 Posts