GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for solutions that are not "run a bunch of USB-C cables along the frame from the battery to the cameras" which is precisely what the current plan is.

I'm leaning towards buying 4 to 8 more Hero8 Blacks. I already have one and don't feel like investing in yet another GoPro battery design.

It'll be an Ultra4 4400 class car so it's gonna go fast in the desert and be bounced around on the rocks. The USB plug into the camera can come loose, can also be damaged by debris kicked up off the trail, and I'm sure it's the only area water is able to get into the system to fry the camera.

Being in a waterproof housing is likely what we'll do for protection of the lens but the housing is not a must.

Thanks for any ideas...

Mike

·
Administrator
3,027 Posts
Old video, but take a look at the KWMachineworks mounts, They are seriously solid. I believe GoPro used these mounts with the release of an earlier GoPro on desert cars etc a few years back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are nice and I'll have to look into them but I'm more interesting in POWERING the GoPros and not so much worried about mounting them...

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts