GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need the video performance of a GoPro but need a Normal lens focal length, equivalent to the 50mm lens on a traditional SLR camera.
Is there any way to get close to that optically ? GoPro doesn't seem to have Lens mods for focal length.

This is what I am looking for > Focal length similar to this Optical, not Digital zoom
Water Surfing Liquid Surfboard Body of water

NOT THIS with GoPro > I need similar to above using a GoPro Camera
Sky Water Plant Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
2,875 Posts
The GoPro only has digital zoom I'm afraid.
Could always try recording at the highest resolution and then crop in while editing to produce a sharp 1080p export? Of course that depends upon your desired output......

·
Registered
517 Posts
you should have look into other waterproof cameras like Olympus tough series, which have optical zoom and offer huge variety of focal lenghts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, as said above GoPro cams are recording what (and how) you see with your eyes - capture the moment you are in.

The only way is @Ifti suggestion - recording in highest resolotion (5 K linear if it’s possible with the new model) and zoom in, in post, to full HD, guess the results would be not bad.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Perhaps with the setting "narrow" you get even closer to the requirement - ZOOM is not that either and I think you even lose here with the resolution. Just try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts