GoPro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I finally finished a new video from our trip this past summer to Durango, Colorado. All clips except for 3 are shot with the GoPro Hero 9 - can you pick out which 3 are from an iPhone? Okay, the portrait mode ones are easy... but can you tell the other shot on iPhone?

Every video I make, I try to incorporate one new idea/shot or one new editing technique. For this one, I included an intro at the beginning and also added voiceovers. Lastly, I exported this one in 60fps, with all clips which were slowed down retimed using optical flow. I did all the editing Davinci Resolve free version.

Let me know what you think! If you have any questions about how I shot the clips, or how I edited them, ask away! If you have any suggestions for new things to try next time, or things that could be improved in this video, let me know those too! I'm always looking to improve, and feel that feedback from those who know GoPros is the way to get it.

GoPro Settings:

Timewarp:
4K Linear+Horizon Leveling
Auto Speed
GoPro Color
Standard Sharpness
High Bitrate
EV Comp -0.5
ISO Max 800

Non-Timewarp Shots:
4K Linear+Horizon Leveling, 60fps
Flat Color
Medium Sharpness
High Bitrate
EV Comp -0.5
ISO Max 800

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well it’s a nice vid with a good story, the shots, cutting and music are interesting and well made.
You take us on a trip and we have an experience from your tour, that works good but to be honest the vid is way to long and most people has not the patience to look more the 5-8 minutes.

For example the train trip is far to long to see, yeah it is scenic but after a few shots is all seen what is to need to show a trainride.
If you make such long vids you have your friends/family as audience, people don’t have a relationship to you will say „yeah, nice but to long for me“ …..I make sometimes a personal vid for friends/family and a shorter/straighter version for YouTube.

Anyway, good work - thanx for sharing.

Ciao Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts