GoPro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In just over a month I'm going to Nepal for 3 weeks, and I'm very worried that without spending a ridiculous amount of money I'll be unable to record my time there. My main concerns are storage and battery life, as I'm unable to bring a laptop and will have limited access to electricity of any sort.

I believe using the Anker PowerCore 20100 power brick should be sufficient as it would give me 20 charges on the camera. Would this power brick be okay to use or would it damage my battery significantly or pose any risk to my camera?

I also was wondering if anyone knows of any micro SD to portable hard drive solutions for backing up on the go, without the use of WiFi or a laptop? I've done some research but have been unable to find any promising results for such a HDD. Is anyone aware of a solution as to how I could transfer my footage from a micro SD to a portable HDD, as with a 64gb micro SD I could likely only capture 260 or so minutes of footage, which would not be nearly enough.

Thanks very much

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
We all need to research more.

Look for a 1 or 2 to wieless portable hard drive. It will use power.

The power bank 20k is awesome

Look into a solar charger so if you need more recharge. Am sure while you standby it can recharge.

Like said we all need to research

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I won't have any WiFi connection in Nepal so I'm wondering if there is any other way I could do it without needing WiFi?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
i've got a Kingston G2 MobileLite, it creates its own wifi hotspot so can be controlled by a mobile phone app anywhere. It has a USB slot & a memory card slot, so allows you transfer files across. I've heard its not exactly quick, but anything is better than nothing

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've got a Kingston G2 MobileLite, it creates its own wifi hotspot so can be controlled by a mobile phone app anywhere. It has a USB slot & a memory card slot, so allows you transfer files across. I've heard its not exactly quick, but anything is better than nothing
I've been looking at it, does it connect with the WiFi as if it were bluetooth? Or does it need to piggy back off of an existing network connection?

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
Research.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Code:
I've been looking at it, does it connect with the WiFi as if it were bluetooth? Or does it need to piggy back off of an existing network connection?
it creates its own wifi hotspot, your phone just connects to it as it would any other internet network. You can then control it to move/delete/copy etc files from any of its ports

1 - 11 of 11 Posts