GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GoPro Hero8 that I have mounted to my motorcycle helmet with a chin mount so I cannot see the full screen but I can see the top left LED.

It is infuriating that the power button changes the mode and also the shutter button if held too long changes the mode in quick capture.

Since I cannot see the screen I cannot tell if the mode is switched from video capture until after I have finished my ride and my video is ruined. It should be wayyyyyy harder to switch modes, I never want to take a time lapse....ever, but I have a ton of them.

I would like the ability to de-select Timelapse and Photo modes. It should be a simple check box.This would save so many screwed up shots and my search for a better camera.

I’m not impressed with the controls on this at all. I have a $50 knock off that has way better controls, I have never missed a shot using that, but I wanted to upgrade. Maybe I made a mistake.

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
We know a fast press its video, 2 seconds its going to be timelapse, so just press once, do not hold in, I will now hear you are using Gloves., then the next option is, to get a remote control .

If voicecommad is no good, then by all means I get a DJI Action camera it can have Deselections of
what you're asking.

We can talk all about this but you can also offer to GoPro your feedback. not Satasfied, return.

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
to add to this GoPro updated firmware to Take out the default Preset Mode of a choice, so Yes what you're asking can be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts